Pent Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pent Talk

Rant and vent of everything pent

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to: share pics in your post

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cuz

cuz

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-12-16

How to: share pics in your post Empty
PostSubject: How to: share pics in your post   How to: share pics in your post EmptyTue Dec 19, 2006 10:32 am

When you are posting a topic, you will notice several options and tools. You can make smiley faces and do stuff to your text like underline, etc.
At any time, you can display a picture that is already accessible on the internet by using the "Image" tool.

I found this picture of a monkey on the web. I right-clicked on the monkey and went to its properties. There, I found the address to that exact picture (there you can highlight and copy the text Ctrl+C). Go ahead, you can right-click on this monkey and see the address of the place I got it:

How to: share pics in your post ANDi-monkey

Then, in my posting, I clicked the "Image" tool in the toolbox and then pasted the link to the picture I just copied, and then I clicked "Image" again. This tells the site to go get that pic and display it here.

If you'd like to display your own pics, that's fine, but they also have to be stored somewhere else on the web. If you don't already have a place to store your pics, try clicking on "Insert an Image" in the tool bar. It will take you to a site where you can sign in and upload your pics there. Then, all you have to do is put the web address in just like I demonstrated above.

And walla! You have yourself a pic of a monkey, or of a person... which in the case of Davey is the same thing.

NOTE: it cannot be a website that you need a password in order to get at. The one they provide through "Insert an Image" should work, though.
Back to top Go down

How to: share pics in your post
Page 1 of 1