Pent Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pent Talk

Rant and vent of everything pent

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Broncos Are Stupid

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2006-12-18

The Broncos Are Stupid Empty
PostSubject: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:08 am

Jack, I know you're not in love with Jay Cutler, but this situation is bordering on the ridiculous. Cutler's house is up for sale. He is demanding a trade..and to hear his side of the story "Boy Wonder" Josh McDaniels and the Broncos brass are cool with that.

Do I need to remind you who the back-up quarterback is in Denver? It's Chris Simms! The same guy who held back the Buccaneers for almost five seasons.

Have fun with your idiot head coach and lousy quarterback in 2009, Jack!!!
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-01-28

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:37 am

Well, I can understand that to a degree....especially in the age of instant gratification. I know I'm biased to the team, but maybe this is some logic...

New coach and he wants "his team", so to that effort, he trys to get his guy....to that end I can agree. How many coaches in the NFL end up biting it because they are forced to endure their predecessor's mistakes and draft picks. I mean this is a 32 year old coach and this is his career. If you want to stay in the NFL, you don't have to "play nice with the players", you don't have to "have a genius offense/defense"...you just have to win. So, with that in mind, McDaniels try's for a QB that already knows his system and they fail to get him. Enter Cutler, now, while I'm not on the Cutler bandwagon, I do like him as a player. Strong arm and some mobility.....sounds like something every Denver fan loves. So, this guy (who has gone on record saying his arm is better than Elway's) hears about the trade and gets all sensitive. I understand the bitterness to a degree....you lose your first father figure head coach, just when you were learning his system, but that is where it needs to stop. He makes millions to play a game. He is a piece of meat. They all are. You prove your worth by your actions. If I were to produce one hell of a show and then the TV station is sold, I can't just phone it in resting on the laurels of past victories. He needs to shut up and grow up. Why have a meeting and then run to the media....???

Here is how this could end positively. The rumor/spleculation is that Cleveland might have something that Denver wants. If McDaniels wants a young enthusiastic QB then trade Cutler for Quinn. Quinn is familar with some NE systems (playing for ND) and wants to play. Cutler has a big arm and Cleveland will love him for it. Hell they would just love a touchdown. On the other side of things, the Broncos need help on D. They need D-Linemen and O-Linebackers. Use Cutler to get those things and then take your lumps this coming season. If you lose all year, then draft a QB and build again. Hell, take Tebow and defy the critics and make him a NFL QB. A legacy doesn't have to start instantly, it just needs to start strong. This might be the primetime to blow up the team and rebuild.....
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

Number of posts : 2465

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Cutler is going to be a Lion...

count it
Back to top Go down
http://www.1stHomeInspections.com
thebunja

thebunja

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Not that I disagree Davey, but what do you think they will offer in return? The number 1 overall or 2nd round? How are they going to make it worth the Broncos while?
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:57 pm

They have 2 1st rounders and 2 or 3 second rounders.

Im sure if I were the Lions looking down the barrel of drafting a 50 50 shot QB and paying him a bajillion dollars, why not go with a sure thing in Cutler.

Hes not Brady or Montana but Cutler is way better than whats coming out of the draft! Then use their top pick on a tackle or trade down and take a receiver (heh heh). I would trade down if I were them.

But yeah Jack, they have a lot of wiggle room. Not to mention the cap space.
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:59 pm

And the Broncos have their man in Chris Simms Smile

10 out of 10 NE coaches agree, he IS the new Sliced Bread!
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:49 pm

uh oh.. more cutler rumors!

Cutler and Scheffler to Redskins?

By Chris Brown - Posted March 17th, 2009

Well here’s the latest rumor on this Cutler saga so take it for what it’s worth. According to the Bleacher report,
yes I know… risky, it’s a three-way trade with Cutler, Scheffler and a
Browns 3rd round pick going to Washington, Chris Cooley, Jason Campbell
and a Denver 5th rounder to Cleveland and Brady Quinn and Washington S
LaRon Landry going to Denver.
Oh and they say the teams will announce it at 5. Of course they lead the story off by saying ‘This is unconfirmed.’
Is it wrong for me to be skeptical? I just don’t see it all coming
together this fast, especially with the Broncos apparently set to try
to one more time to convince Cutler to stay put. Ah the viral power of
the internet! Is this truth or fiction? You’ve been warned.
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 pm

I think that deal is just too out there to be viable....The Skins are too close to the cap to make that many moves, I think. Of course I have a better shot at figuring out nuclear fusion, than I do at understanding the salary cap structure. Jason Campbell to the Browns....that just doesn't sound inviting....
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 1:51 pm

From a guy that knows bad QBs...

I think Jason Campbell was another one of those QBs that the NFL just said.. lets see how many people jump on board if we say "This guy makes this team a winner".

The NFL is lowering the bar
Back to top Go down
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 pm

I think the most likely scenario is the Lions trade their second 1st round pick (20th overall?) and some other stuff to the Broncos for Cutler. Then, the Broncos can draft someone like Josh Freeman late in the first round and subject their fans to the pure horror of Chris Simms at quarterback.
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:09 pm

If it is going to happen, due to the overall value of a Cutler....it will be a three team trade, more than likely involving Detroit in some manner. Such as Detroit handing over it's 20th overall pick to Cleveland, Cleveland sends Quinn/Anderson to Denver and Cutler goes to Detroit. I don't think we'll see a straight up deal for Cutler...too much is needed in return.
Back to top Go down
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:08 pm

I don't get it Jack. A couple weeks ago, you couldn't run Cutler out of Denver fast enough. Now, there is no team that can offer enough in return for him. Do you want him in Denver this season or not?
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

ESPN sez: "Jay Cutler and the Jest are butt buddies"

Davey sez: "Good to know we may have a chance to play that bum 2 times a year"

Cutler should go to hell.
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 5:26 pm

I don't believe I ever really screamed "Crucify Him...."(figured I'd give a religious seasonal reference there) Actually I'm not that kind of fan...I do not demand 100% loyalty or run them out of town on a rail... If Cutler can play for Denver like a professional, let him play, if not....they had better get value. It's like owning T.O. in fantasy football....you don't have to like the man, just win baby.

It will be interesting to see Cutler as a Jet.... My prediction, a possible contractual "no trade clause" aside...in a 3 team trade, Thomas Jones will be traded to Cleveland, Cleveland might also gets a 4th or 5th round Dever pick, and Dever gets Quinn. Of course that's with Cleveland, I'm sure that senario could work in a few other places. Who knows.....honestly, I'm not too bent out of shape about it. When you don't make the playoffs, you don't tend to worry as much about your team blowing up.
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 12:32 pm

QB for Sale!
QB for Sale!
Get-em while he's hott...
Slightly used, very abused...
QB for Sale!!!!

Ya know, if the Redskins pay a shit load of money for him and then lose Haynesworth because of early contact violations.....Radio down here will be VERY entertaining!!!!
Back to top Go down
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Yay!!! Cutler comes to Tampa Bay...Denver gets Chris Simms. It's the greatest trade EVER!!!
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:56 pm

It has to be interesting already paying 100 MILLION (with an M) to a part time player.

Oh boy....

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/02/redskins-in-the-mix-for-cutler/
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:03 pm

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Jason Campbell Declares, “I’m A Starter”

Posted by He Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken Florio on April 2, 2009, 7:07 a.m.

Amid
published reports that the Washington Redskins are trying to swing a
deal for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, current Redskins starter Jason
Campbell made clear Wednesday night that he has no intention to serve
as Cutler’s — or anyone’s — backup.
“I’m a starter,” Campbell told Brett Haber of WUSA-TV, while attending a Washington Capitals hockey game.
Campbell called the Cutler situation “just a rumor,” and he
explained that the team told him when Cutler-to-D.C. rumors first
surfaced last month that Campbell was still “their guy.”
But Campbell hasn’t heard that again since the rumors/reports
intensified on Tuesday, when the Broncos officially placed Cutler on
the trading block.
The team didn’t only give Campbell assurances of his ongoing role a
couple of weeks ago. They also made their position clear to the public.
Redskins executive V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato told David Elfin of the Washington Times on March 17 that Campbell “is going to be our quarterback.”
Apparently, Cerrato forgot to add an important qualifier.
“Until early April.”
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:07 pm

Listening to local sports radio right now and they are calling it "Jay Cutler Day"....they are not happy, not happy at all and he's not even here yet. I wonder if they'll offer Campbell and 2 first rounds.....hmmmm
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:08 am

I know youve all seen it but:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f93745&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I think the Bears gave up too much for Mr. I havent done anything yet.
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:47 am

Granted I'm not thrilled that the Broncos are without a Franchise QB to start the year...but 2 first round picks and a 3rd. Which is equal to 4 first round picks in the next two years. I really can't complain too much. Hopefully McDaniels knows how to draft!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Broncos Are Stupid   The Broncos Are Stupid Empty

Back to top Go down

The Broncos Are Stupid
Page 1 of 1