Pent Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pent Talk

Rant and vent of everything pent

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Free Agency Watch

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dspyank

dspyank

Number of posts : 2465
Registration date : 2006-12-18

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 10:55 am

For all of you that care...

Here is your end-all-be-all free agency tracker...

brought to you by ESPN, Scouts Inc, and poofshmischkins energy bars... because its poofshmiching fun!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffa
Back to top Go down
http://www.1stHomeInspections.com
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

Number of posts : 1198

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Oh yeah, this is big...

Quote :

CLEVELAND (AP) - The Cleveland Browns have traded talented and
troublesome tight end Kellen Winslow to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
for undisclosed draft picks.

Winslow's five years in Cleveland were marked by injuries and
controversy. He missed most of his first two seasons with injuries,
but made the Pro Bowl in 2007 after making 82 catches for 1,106
yards. He demanded a new contract after the '07 season.

Last season, he was briefly suspended by the Browns after being
hospitalized with a staph infection.

Winslow was the sixth overall pick in the NFL 2004 Draft. The
son of Hall of Famer Kellen Winslow Sr., he had 219 receptions for
2,459 yards and 11 touchdowns in 44 games.

Kolenda's reaction: "Don't let the door hit you in the ass!"
Matt's reaction: "At least it's not Chris Simms."
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-01-28

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Don't be too critical Matte, a good underneath passing game could help Antonio Bryant come up big again next year....Did I mention Bryant almost single-handedly earned me a FF crown this year.....love that man!!!
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Quote :

NFL's free-agent frenzy hot and heavy

by Paul Needell/The Star-Ledger Friday February 27, 2009, 2:25 PM

The checkbooks are flying right out of the gate: Titans DT Albert Haynesworth to the Redskins for $100 million over seven years, 41 mill guaranteed. The 'Skins, always kings of the off-season, also re-signed CB DeAngelo Hall to a six-year, $54-million deal, with $23 million guaranteed..
Old friend Eric Mangini traded a headache he wanted no part of, TE Kellen Winslow Jr., to the Buccaneers for a No. 2 draft pick in April and a No. 5 in 2010.. Our heads are spinning -- and these are just a few of the early moves..
Our favorite: The Chiefs acquired LB He Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken Vrabel from the Patriots for an undisclosed draft pick. Why is this interesting?
This is why: We can expect K.C. and New England to do plenty of business this offseason. Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, Bill Belichick's longtime right-hand man, wants to instill the Patriots Way in the Chiefs as quickly as possible. Vrabel is just the beginning.
A bigger fish to keep an eye on would be Pioli trading for Patriots QB Matt Cassel, a free agent who has been slapped with the franchise tag. Pioli wants to give new coach Todd Haley a QB he can win games with right off the bat.
Whenever the Pats are convinced Tom Brady is fully recovered from his knee injury, these two teams will have to talk about Cassel becoming a Chief.

Cassel as a Chief....interesting.....they could use some WR's, though....and Larry Johnson should be out of there soon...
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Headlines to come:

Jackass TE has jet-ski accident, tears knee ligaments.

Pro-Bowl QB wants out of Denver.

COUNT IT!
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:01 pm

As a Denver Fan, let me go on record saying, I wouldn't have minded Matt Cassel instead of Cutler....
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:42 pm

Jack..

As a Denver fan...

What does everyone see in Cutler? When I saw him play against Buff-alo in Denver he looked like he didnt have a clue. Im not trying to poke fun, but the NFL pundits are all about this guy and I just dont see it.

This is NOT coming from a guy that watches a successful QB on a week to week basis during the NFL season either...
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Well....since he was playing Torontalo...he was probably confused, wondering how he ended up playing against a Arena Football team while in the NFL...

Honestly, Cutler has a great arm and natural ability, but he is struggling to read defenses on a bootleg. He is a Ben "Classless"-Berger in that sense, except Ben had a chance to ease his way in. He played in an offense that kept it simple for him. This past season, Denver had their running game disappear this season and I don't think he was ready for that crutch to leave. Look at the QB's in the league, with the Brady and Big Ben as the exceptions, it typically takes about 5 consistent years before a QB turns into a productive commodity. When you lose a coach, this adds years to the development. I believe that as long as the teams stay stable the greatest QB's of this generation will be Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and wait for it Matt Lienart. That is the contraversial one, but he's kept his mouth shut on the bench, he watched the system there take them to the Super Bowl and if Warner stays there two more years, he will be smarter and ready to step up. The busts of this generation, Brady Quinn (his jerking around this year and instability of the Browns will kill him), Aaron Rodgers, and any QB that plays for Detroit.... I'm long winded, I know....
Back to top Go down
tml163

tml163

Number of posts : 559

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Ok so I was reading about the 4 people fishing (3 are NFLers) and the boat overturned or something...so they found the 1 NFLer but 2 are still missing + the non NFL guy. And they have just gave up on the search! I would have thought they would have continued looking for them more. But since we all know I know nothing about other team's players were they any good ones? I believe one was with the Raiders and 1 with the Lions?
Someone care to enlighten me more?
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Hun,

They found one guy but he wasnt in the NFL he was a friend and college teammate of the other three guys.

They gave up the search after many many many hours, 99% of the people in water that is only 60 - 65 degrees for over 48 hours most likely have caught hypothermia and soon after death. They have been lost at sea for at least 60 hours. They had life vests but with the water / storms / sea life its still difficult to survive out there.

The players were not starters (that doesnt make it any less tragic, and Im not taking this lightly by saying that) to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:53 am

So, T.O. has been ditched...Now the question is, who wants him?

What team do you think Owens will end up with and would you want him on your team?

Personally, I'll agree with He Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken Golic and say that I think that New Orleans would be a great fit for him. It's already a pass happy offense and it would be interesting to see how he would affect their outcome. I would pick him up and trade Shockey for a running back in some form or fashion. Not a great RB, but somebody who can gain the tough short yards. Although I'll say that having him go to Oakland is probably more likely....

As far as him going to the Broncos, with the recievers they already have and the fragile mentality of Cutler, I'll say no.....
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Im going to go with Jack on this...

NOT only would Ralph Wilson offer him a pack of beer nuts (unsalted of course.. salt costs too much) and a banana and be shocked when he turns it down.. We have a young impressionable team, thats all we would need is for T.Blow to come in and start crying about QBs and having his girlfr.. ERRRR... publicist telling us how many reasons he has to stay alive while crying hysterically.

I think he should play for the Raiders.. I think Al would easily pay him $140,000,000 Million (with an 'M') dollars for 3 years. Hes smart like that.
Back to top Go down
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 1:57 pm

I actually did an article on my blog on T.O.'s future destination: My best theories...Washington or Chicago. I am really feeling the Bears. I think T.O. may land there.

Davey, I know you know where my blog is..Jack if you don't...

www.kdka.com/fantasyfootball

Yes, blogging about fantasy football during the offseason. What a country!
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 2:42 pm

sigh...

Matte.. did you update your blog...?
Back to top Go down
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:54 pm

I'm blogging my ass off Davey. Haven't you been reading?
Back to top Go down
funkbox

funkbox

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-12-26

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Matte Pfinisch wrote:
I'm blogging my ass off Davey. Haven't you been reading?

Then why are Jen and Noah still orbiting around it?

lol!
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:59 pm

whats the link again?
Back to top Go down
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:16 pm

www.kdka.com/fantasyfootball
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:00 pm

"Can Owens overcome that and transform the Bills into an offensive juggernaut in 2009? Honestly, no."

Matte, did you forget about Evans completely?

I mean.. on average with no one on the other side of notable talent, he consistently gets 800+ yards a season with a 17 - 21 yard receiving average...

even if T.O. is half the person he has been in his career, evans will break 1,000 yards.. and if your prediction comes through, thats 1,000 more... Edwards is in the Pro Bowl.

I would say your Prediction about the Bills Offense this year is BOLD.

Dont forget our running backs and the Tight End we are going to add.

Go Bills...
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Davey,
Please only take over the counter allergy medicines as directed.....that is the only logical excuse I can make for those statements...
Back to top Go down
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:03 am

Jack, I can't tell if you are defending me or Davey. Please feel free to leave nasty comments on the blog itself. It makes it look like I have actual readers.
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:15 am

Does that make be a "ambiguous bastard"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free Agency Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency Watch   Free Agency Watch Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Agency Watch
Page 1 of 1