Pent Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pent Talk

Rant and vent of everything pent

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whipkey's Knee Surgery

Go down 
+3
funkbox
tml163
Matte Pfinisch
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2006-12-18

Whipkey's Knee Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:10 pm

So, our friend Dave Whipkey underwent knee surgery this week. Over the weekend, he told me it was no big deal and he was looking forward to it.

Now, sources are telling PentCentre that Whipkey's knee injury may have been more serious...and his doctors have advised him NOT to participate in sports such as raquetball, basketball, etc. ever again...even AFTER his surgery.

Could this lead to the first retirement of a Pent-Athlete because of physical limitations in MD3 history? I know we don't participate in the most strenuous games in the world, but I would think badminton and golf fall into the category of sports Whipkey may no longer be able to play. If so, this is a true tragedy. I weep for you, Pie Man!
Back to top Go down
tml163

tml163

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:23 pm

When i talked to Amy by email, she just said he can't play racquetball and basketball again (yes never) Sad but she never said anything about other sports.
Speedy recovery whip!
Back to top Go down
funkbox

funkbox

Number of posts : 1917
Registration date : 2006-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 6:39 pm

DOCTORS LIE!!!!

HORSE\PIG\MD3 (Basketball) - He'll be OK
Anything with a racket (Racquetball) - Other than badminton, have we even really had any games of this nature
Putt-Putt {..or as Yinzers call it minuture gulf} (Golf) - He'll be OK

In my professionaly opinion, Whip, "You'll be as strong as ever".

GOOD LUCK, PIEMAN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:07 am

I also wish Whipkey a speedy recovery, but if some doctor told me I would get a knee operation and then NOT be able to play the sports that I love, I would tell him to save us both the trouble and let me keep playing on the bad wheel. What's the point?
Back to top Go down
Jeff

Jeff

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2006-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:50 am

Amanda and I wish The Pie Man a speedy recovery...If there is ever an event that Whip cannot participate in, should we consider an alternative event just for him? I would not want to exclude him from any Pents!
Back to top Go down
Matte Pfinisch

Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:11 am

Jeff, I like how you included Amanda in that very formal response to the Whipkey injury topic. All you had to was include the word "First Lady" and it would have been perfect.
Back to top Go down
funkbox

funkbox

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Matte Pfinisch wrote:
I also wish Whipkey a speedy recovery, but if some doctor told me I would get a knee operation and then NOT be able to play the sports that I love, I would tell him to save us both the trouble and let me keep playing on the bad wheel. What's the point?

1. Doctors Lie
2. You can always find a doctor who will eventually tell you what you want to hear if you pay him\her enough
3. Health Insurance is a big scam
4. Doctors and Heath Insurers are in cahoots, but they always pretent like the other one is the bad guy
5. Don't give the Hospital your home phone number, all sorts or weird charges will appear on your bill. Why they just can't go through the Insurance and their billing department for cable & phone, I'll never know.

Coming soon to a Pent near you....
The Million $ Pie-Man
Back to top Go down
dspyank

dspyank

Number of posts : 2465

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Whip, just have them cut it off and put a Luke Skywalker leg on you!

Hope you recover quickly Luuuke... luuuuuuke! Bunja is your faaaaaaather!
Back to top Go down
http://www.1stHomeInspections.com
funkbox

funkbox

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:25 pm

dspyank wrote:
Whip, just have them cut it off and put a Luke Skywalker leg on you!

Hope you recover quickly Luuuke... luuuuuuke! Bunja is your faaaaaaather!

Are you talking about one of the Hasbro plastic kind? Those knees didn't even bend. (Unlike GI Joe)

I believe they only replaced his hand with machinery.

NOW Darth Vader, he had his legs replaced. But then we'd always see Whipkey in black.

lol!
Back to top Go down
thebunja

thebunja

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Would that make him Darth Whipkey or Darth Pie-Man.....if you goes back to the light, we can call him Oatmeal-Wan-Whipkobi.....

Man, I think I'm losing it today.....no more skipping lunch.
Back to top Go down
funkbox

funkbox

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 11:40 am

thebunja wrote:
Man, I think I'm losing it today.....

What about the rest of your time on this planet?
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Here's to a speedy recovery!!!

Hopefully he'll come threw this as easily as Frederick did in his extended absence!

cheers Basketball cheers Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whipkey's Knee Surgery   Whipkey's Knee Surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Whipkey's Knee Surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pent Talk :: The Penthathlon :: This is PentCentre!-
Jump to: