Pent Talk

Rant and vent of everything pent

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

I Still Watch Wrestling!!!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matte Pfinisch

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2006-12-18

PostSubject: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:35 am

I'm basically putting this topic up so I can make Jack talk about RAW on Monday night. Did you watch? Don't lie. I know you did!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebunja

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-01-28

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:32 pm

Of course I did...I havent' seen the recent PPV's though, since I moved, I lost my PPV crowd and I can't justify paying the $50 to order them....but I still have internet recaps and Raw, so I am happy.

I've been enjoying the Orton angle so far. I mean, Orton as a Mega-heel has his limitations. Yes, he has the look, he has a great finishing move and he has the pedigree (no pun intended), however the man cannot talk. Don't get me wrong, he's gotten better, but to get to the HHH, Rock, Austin, Flair, Jericho, DX Heel Level, he's going to need a great promo. It's like watching Keanu Reeves in a serious role....sure it works on paper and it might even be a decent movie, but it's just missing that little something. I think one way they can help to get around this is too give his "Legacy" a bit of a side-plot. A good tag feud....

Even with the little golden nugget that is Orton, the shows are still lacking depth, with that much talent on Raw, they could have a few more interesting story lines.... CM Punk, might be a Indie God, but he is a storyline killer. His finishing move doesn't fit his body type...he needs something with more "snap and quickness"... I think Jericho's new finisher would have served Punk better. Now I think the Edge/Cena rehash will be ok. I love me some Edge, but if physically he gets punked by Cena everytime, it'll be hard to stomach. JBL fighting Shawn for the rights to wrestle Taker at Wrestlemania could be interesting, especially if we get Shawn/Taker, but if it ends up being a 3-way dance at WM...then Taker's streak continues.....Whew, I guess I needed to vent some WWE, huh.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:25 pm

I knew you had it in you Jack. Orton has been hit or miss on the promo side, but that's better than what he was doing. He's a natural heel..just like Edge.

I'm most intrigued with Jericho. Who will step up to face him at Wrestlemania? Flair? Hogan? Austin? Mickey Rourke? I'm hoping for the latter to at least show up in Houston to deliver the Ram Jam. I would mark out for sure.

And what about Christian coming back? I never see ECW, but I watched the clip online. Fantastic entrance and I like the new music. Good to have Captain Charisma back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebunja

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:44 pm

I have still not seen Christian....I wanted to watch ECW last night, but I got sucked into the Presidents address and missed it. I read that it was one hell of a match between him and Swagger...

I will say that on Monday night, I marked out like a little kid when they brought out "The Dragon"... The verbal sparring between Ricky and Jericho made my night. From what I've read Mickey Rourke is supposed to be a "guest" at Wrestlemania, I'm looking forward to that. It'll either be a hot mess or pure gold. I'm not sure who Jericho will end up facing....he's calling out everyone, not just one guy. I guess they could have Stone Cold face him and probably put on a decent match with some outside interference....The other way could be with one of the "legends" sons....I hear that Reid Flair is getting his work in and I also thought that Ricky the Dragon's kid is a clone of his father....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:40 pm

That's intriguing, but I can't see Vince putting a rookie in a match against Jericho at Wrestlemania. Perhaps somewhere down the road.

My best guess on how this plays out is that Mickey Rourke comes out to confront Jericho on RAW, says he's not qualified to fight him, but he knows someone who is...cue the Austin music and you have your match for Mania: Jericho vs. Austin w/Mickey Rourke. Make it no DQ so they can brawl and not put Austin in any physical peril. Stunner + Ram Jam finishes. Book it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebunja

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:12 pm

I suppose that is the most logical ending to this storyline, but how do you end it. I've always felt that these matches simply bury the wrestlers. I mean, everyone knew that Big Show was going to lose to Mayweather last year and it just made him look weak. I would like to see one Wrestlemania gimmick match that actually puts over the current talent. Jericho has been getting buried lately...it would be nice to see him get a nice heel push for a lower title. I hate to say it, but there doesnt' seem to be enough titles on Raw for my taste. I think I miss the tv title and the US title and even the hardcore title.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dspyank

Number of posts : 2465

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:35 pm

you deleted my post! the nerve!

I asked a legitimate question!

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:40 am

I deleted nothing! What do you want to know Davey?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dspyank

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:01 am

Is HHH in any way related to Stephanie McMahon...

Like Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth were before they made incest cakes?

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:54 pm

Other than being married to Stephanie in real life.....no, there is no relation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dspyank

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:44 pm

Thanks Jack.

Last edited by dspyank on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.1stHomeInspections.com
dspyank

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:46 pm

I must apologize to Matte.

I found my Miss Elizabeth Macho Man treachery in the Main Area under one of Jacks topics.

Please accept my deepest apologies, Matte!

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:59 pm

So I heard a rumor that Hulk is making a comeback (maybe to make some money after this big divorce he has going on). But didn't he only retire like 2 years ago? Is this true?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dspyank

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:58 pm

is he really?

ugh....

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Here's the deal...

Chris Jericho has been coming out for weeks. At first, he was running down Mickey Rourke about The Wrestler and being up for an Oscar. Everyone assumed this meant Rourke would be in some sort of celebrity match against Jerciho at WrestleMania.

Problem...Rourke was getting bad press for doing business with WWE and was worried it would hurt his chances at the Best Actor Oscar, so he backed away.

Ever since, Jericho has been targeting legends of WWE's past..Piper, Snuka, Steamboat, Flair, etc. It's been going on for months, but there's a problem. I don't think they have any idea what the payoff would be.

I was guessing it would Austin who would come back and challenge Jericho to a match, but he has yet to surface. Neither has Rourke. I think WWE is going to the emergency back-up plan...Hulk Hogan vs. Chris Jericho at WrestleMania.

Is this a good idea? Eh, your mileage may vary. Hogan has no business in a wrestling ring anymore in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebunja

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:34 am

I think a Hogan vs. Jericho match would be a disaster... While Hogan and Jericho are both media darlings, for whatever reason. This type match will only benifit Hogan's career. First of all, we all know that Hogan won't take a WM Match and lose...and he sure as hell won't lose clean. So, Jericho lays down for a Senior Citizen? Jericho becomes questionable as a belt contender and Hogan gets to disappear after getting stroked for one night....again.

Here is my idea. Jericho needs to put out a open WM Challenge, he's already beat up enough of the legends....just issue a open challenge for that night. Continue on the path he's been going on....then on the Night of WM have him come out and cut a promo...only to be cut off by a legend....maybe Hacksaw to start. Jericho beats Hacksaw and then cue Super-fly....a nice back and forth Snuka goes up and then goes down...1-2-3 Jericho.....he's about to go for some "extra-innings"....and cue Sgt. Slaughter....Jericho starts to get the look of WTF....but he beats Slaughter with a quick Code Breaker....then cue Piper....Piper brawls and Jericho distracts the ref and gets the pin....and it's over....Jericho goes to get out of the ring only to hear "I am a Real American"....Jericho is shaking his head no....this is ridiculous....and Hogan comes out, tosses Jericho in the ring. We get a classic Hogan match and I'm eating it up, cause this is a tired Jericho....Hogan looks to be ready to drop the leg after a slam....but we get a run-in from, Christian.... Captain Charisma gets the cheap shot in on Hogan, DQ....granted it's a Hogan win, but not a strong arm win. Jericho & Christian go for the beat down on Hogan...only for the Glass to Break.....Austin does the save and we get a Hogan posing and a Austin boozing.......What do ya think Carlins?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:04 pm

I think you're on the right track Jack, but you are missing the most important element...Mickey Rourke. Plus, under my scenario, he don't even need Hogan (which is a good thing).

Jericho issues an open challenge..saying he will take on any and all WWE legends at WrestleMania. The time comes...Hacksaw, done...Superfly, done...Honky Tonk Man, done...Piper, done.

KER-RASSSSSSHHHHH!!!!...Here comes Austin. He gets his licks in, but Jericho goes dirty to get the advantage. He goes outside, gets a chair. J.R. screams about Austin's injured neck..Jericho takes aim...

Cue "Sweet Child of Mine" (if you saw The Wrestler, this will make perfect sense)...here comes Mickey Rourke! Jericho is distracted. Austin recovers...STUNNER! RAM JAM! Austin pins Jericho and starts sharing beers with Rourke.

Yes, it's still a WrestleMania loss for Jericho, but where else did anyone think this was going? At least Chris can say he was blindsided by his two arch-enemies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebunja

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:07 pm

Stamp.....However, those Beers with Austin could set ole' Mickey back a bit....of course a Rourke/Austin Beer Bender could be legendary....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebunja

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:29 pm

You know, just a observation of a storyline.... Vicky Guerraro sure gets a lot a tail for a woman that looks like she took on a train face first....just sayin'....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:13 pm

That segment was oddly hilarious. The facial expressions did it for me..especially after Cena told Vicki he loves her. Edge's look of slack-jawed disbelief was priceless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebunja

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:15 pm

True.....Of course, I would love a candid moment where Edge says to Vicki, "You love Big Slow?" She responds tearfully, "Yes, I'm sorry, I do..."; to which Edge says, "Thank God, I'm FREE!!!! Now I can see who Matt Hardy's dating...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:13 am

I have this old Dusty Rhodes promo on one of my WWE DVDs..where he talks about how he and Ric Flair are in another galaxy and everyone needs to step aside.

That's my feeling on Randy Orton. He is on another planet compared with the rest of WWE's roster. Perhaps only Jericho is better right now. That closing segment to RAW last night was off the charts.

I can't help but pull for Orton a little, since my smark card requires me to be disgusted that Stephanie McMahon has once unnecessarily inseted herself into the main event program going into WrestleMania. The only problem is..it's not unnecessary. In fact, it's a must. The angle has been ridiculous at times (mostly when Triple H is getting the upper hand), but as long as Orton's is in control...it rocks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebunja

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:34 pm

So what you are saying? You are anti-H? I enjoyed last nights segment a lot too. Orton has mastered is non-verbal's in the ring. Ever since JR first called Orton a viper, he has worked on his posture to represent that. It also does fit his body type. Now I'm very close to being a Orton mark, but he still needs to work on cutting a promo. He's much better than he was.....MUCH BETTER.....but to make to the next level, that Dusty/Flair level, he still needs to cut a better promo in my book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thebunja

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Oh, and judging by the Jericho storyline development.....they're reading our stuff again....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matte Pfinisch

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:27 pm

I can never forgive Triple H for that main event against Jericho at WrestleMania 18. It just felt so wrong.

What Vince SHOULD have done is get Triple H involved in the nWo angle. Then, you could have done Jericho/Angle for the Undisputed Title and main event with Austin/The Rock/Triple H vs. Hogan/Hall/Nash. I know why they did it they way they did, but this just would have been awesome to along with Flair/Undertaker.

And while I'm on the topic of WrestleMania, 411mania ran this poll for its writers. I thought it would be interesting to post them and my answers. If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free...

The WrestleMania experience just isn't the same unless you're watching it as it happens. Which was the first Mania you saw live on PPV? If you're lucky enough to have been to one, which ones?

I'm almost certain it was WrestleMania 2000. Davey got it on PPV and had half of Wesleyville over at his house to watch it. It was a blast. I remember everyone freaking out during the tag team ladder match.

Everyone has a favourite WrestleMania, but the reasons for picking that Mania vary greatly. What's your favourite, and why?

WrestleMania 17 was probably the greatest wrestling PPV ever, but I've always enjoyed WrestleMania 19 more. Maybe it was the sight of Brock Leesnar trying to kill himself during the main event. There was just so much behind the scenes drama that I was aware of, it made the overall show that much more memorable.

At the other end of the spectrum is the Mania you wish you hadn't seen, the one that could have been a 3-hour Raw. What was your least favourite Mania?

No doubt. WrestleMania 18. For the reasons I cited above.

Despite cards that appear lacklustre on the face of it, WrestleMania normally manages to deliver at least one classic match. What are you looking forward to the most this year?

Meh. I have a feeling Matt and Jeff Hardy are going to tear the house down, but not much else is getting my blood pumping.

What's your first memory of WrestleMania?

Some kid across the street got his hands on a VHS of WrestleMania III. I distinctly remember the Killer Bees..and Hacksaw Jim Duggan taking down the Iron Sheik and Nicolai Volkoff with the 2X4.

We've asked about your favourite WrestleMania, but what's your favourite Mania match? Will it come from your favourite show?

I really, really want to say Triple H/Michaels/Benoit from WrestleMania XX, but I know that events since then have tainted the outcome. Still, that is certainly the most emotional I have been watching a wrestling match.

Like the SuperBowl, WrestleMania is an event that goes beyond regular fans and brings in casual viewers. Each group of viewers will tend to have traditions for the event. What's yours?

We had a good run back in the day, ordering WrestleMania and getting together at someone's place to watch it together. Down in Savannah, they charged a cover at a sports bar that showed it, but that didn't stop me from going a couple times.

WrestleMania has always been about more than just the matches. Celebrities, the culmination of huge angles, the trotting-out of the year's Hall of Fame class in recent years...what's your favourite non-match memory of WrestleMania?

Probably Pete Rose getting dropped on his head by Kane on numerous occassions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Still Watch Wrestling!!!   

Back to top Go down

I Still Watch Wrestling!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next